Checking In: New Year's (Anti) Resolutions

Tuesday, May 12, 2015


Are you guys still sticking to your new year's resolutions? I made four little non-resolutions back in January that, in all honesty, I forgot about after a few weeks. I pulled them up to recently to see if I had accomplished any of them and, by some stroke of luck, I've got 3 out of 4 under my belt. Here's how I'm doing so far:

Organize one dresser drawer.
The idea behind this goal was to get at least one drawer organized and, in doing so, hopefully be motivated to keep the whole dresser tidy. A lofty goal, right? Although I didn't get this accomplished as quickly as I wanted to, I did manage to organize not only the dresser but my closet too! say what? The trick with this one was to wait until the seasons changed. Nothing makes me want to clean out my closet more than having warm days and a closet full of winter sweaters. 

Do another Whole30. 
We started February with plans to stick to a no-grains, no-dairy, no-sugar diet....and completely failed by the 5th. We are currently on Day 8 of our second attempt and, without jinxing ourselves, I think we're doing pretty good. I think it's a little easier to accomplish this goal in warm weather than it is during the fall and winter when I just want to binge on comfort food. 

Buy a new notebook.
Check. It didn't really prompt more writing like I had hoped, but I did go list-happy. There are meal plans, grocery lists, blogging lists, and work lists all scribbled in this notebook. I'm sure it'll be one of those notebooks that I'll find 10 years from now and wonder why on earth I made so many freaking lists. Still, I did enjoy the simple act of putting pen to paper, even if it was just for grocery lists. 

Save my pennies for a manicure. 
The goal for this one was to stop biting my nails. Ha! I'll keep dreaming. Why is that such a hard habit to break? I've promised myself an end-of-week manicure if I can stick to our diet this week. Bribery at its finest, ya'll.

Now that we're through the first quarter of the year, how are you doing at your resolutions? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe