A New Look

Monday, May 04, 2015


Happy Monday! Notice anything different?

I completely checked out of blog land for a few weeks recently and even considered quitting this blog. It was a quiet consideration, because I hate it when bloggers hem & haw about quitting their blog on their blog. I appreciate that they're honest, but it always makes me wonder why they're still blogging if they don't want to. Kinda takes the heart out of it, you know? I think it is so obvious when people really enjoy their blogs. Those are the kind of blogs I want to read and, likewise, write.

Anyway I am now back and not quitting the blog. I switched up the design, worked on content (we all know how much I love a good content calendar), and changed the name and URL.

If you've been following along on Bloglovin, you'll continue to get posts from this blog without changing anything. If you've been using anything else (Feedly, RSS feed, bookmark, etc.) to read my posts, you may need to update the web address to www.heywhitney.com, since wit & spice is no more. That name was a play on my maiden name and it seemed a little silly to keep it since that's not actually my name anymore. If you're not following me on Bloglovin', I highly recommend it. I use that platform to keep up with all my favorite blogs and love it!

So welcome to the new blog! I can't say much will change, but I'm still having fun with it and hopefully you're enjoying it too. Here's to second (and third) winds!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh, the line between honesty and good blogging is such a hard one to find. I think what really matters for bloggers is that they love what they do, in some respect. I also think that a blog should grow with you. If I was still blogging the same content I was years ago, then it wouldn't be fun. I will enjoy seeing what new stuff you have in store, and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right! Even if I'm not that interested in the content, it's always obvious when a blogger loves what they do.

      Delete
  2. I love the new look! Very streamlined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abi! Me and white space really get along.

      Delete
  3. Love the new look + name Whitney! Very refreshing and oh-so you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! It's always fun to switch things up now and then.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe