Kicking Off Spring The Right Way

Wednesday, March 25, 2015


We kicked off spring in the best possible way this past weekend with lots of laughs and good times in Atlanta. After bemoaning the fact that adults don't get a spring break anymore (what's the deal with that?), we decided to create our own spring break. A roadtrip to Atlanta + a long weekend with friends = a pretty great spring break in my book. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful if it tried and it felt even better knowing that some parts of Virginia were getting snow that day. Ugh. 

We spent some time exploring all the nooks and crannies that make Atlanta such a cool city. We founds some really cool spots, thanks mostly to the awesome recommendations that our friend gave us. Here's a quick run-down of some of the places we went:

Architectural Accents - This architectural salvage yard was brimming with old doors, mantels, bathtubs, and chandeliers but my favorite thing was the enormous selection of vintage doorknobs. In my next home, I'm determined to have all glass doorknobs.

Labels Resale - We went searching for the consignment shop Labels on the recommendation of our friend and were surprised to find not one, but three little houses in Buckhead with a Labels sign. There's one house for shoes, one for tops & bottoms, and one for formal wear. I snagged a discounted Zara blouse just in time for short-sleeve weather. 

Shake Shack - We kicked off the weekend with burgers, fries, and milkshakes in the fanciest Shake Shack I've ever seen. Atlanta doesn't play around with their burgers.

West Elm - What would a weekend be without West Elm? I spent a good 10 minutes drooling over this mid-century media cabinet and then another 10 crying over the price tag. Eesh!

Antico Pizza - I've heard so much about this popular pizza joint and finally got to try it out on Friday night. We arrived early before the dinner rush so there wasn't quite as much dough flying, but it was still a really cool experience. Not to mention the pizza was fantastic. Mark fell in love with the fresh garlic and olive oil, so we'll definitely be going back.

Buffalo Exchange - By the time we got to Buffalo Exchange, I was trying to be good and save my pennies, but this store made it very hard. Their prices were really good ($6 scarves! $15 Sperry's!) Highly recommend.

Kudzu Antiques - No trip to Atlanta is complete without a walk through this gorgeous antique mall. I gazed lovingly at the vintage salt & pepper shakers but walked out with two new Statler Brothers records instead.

I'll take one of those, thanks. 

Foot selfies because IT'S SPRING BREAK.

The things you find in downtown Atlanta...

Oh, West Elm, you're killing me. And by "me", I mean my wallet.

 Will walk for pizza.

 Just look at that beauty, will ya?

Let's do it again, mmkay.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. love shake shack!! especially the shakes, black&white shakes there are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe