Our Favorite Netflix Shows

Monday, February 23, 2015


Nothing calls for a Netflix marathon like a polar vortex keeping you trapped inside. In case you're looking for something new to watch, here our some of our favorite shows as of late:

Peaky Blinders // For fans of: Boardwalk Empire, Cillian Murphy, and Irish accents

The Peaky Blinders were a criminal gang in 19th century England, known for sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. Led by their boss, Tommy Shelby, the gang is determined to move up in the world and expand into legitimate business. There's lots of street fighting, back stabbing, love stories, and awesome accents. I'm impatiently waiting for season three to come out this fall.

Hell on Wheels // For fans of: Westerns, gun fights, and lots of history

Mark started watching this show this winter and I'd watch over his shoulder every now and then. Then I got hooked and would make him relay everything that happened in the episodes he watched without me. The show's main character is Collen Bohannon, a former Confederate soldier, who heads west to track down his wife's killers. He ends up working for the Union-Pacific railroad and finds more than his fair share of trouble while laying rails across the Wild West.

Crossing Lines // For fans of: Chicago PD, Blue Bloods, and great accents

Crossing Lines is about a special crime unit that tracks down criminals across European borders. Because the team is from all over Europe, the accents are just awesome. That really is one of the main reasons why I watch the show, but the episode plots are good too.

House of Cards // For fans of: Scandal, political dramas, and DC scenery

I shouldn't have to sum up this show, since just about everyone has heard about House of Cards by now. If you haven't, though, start watching now! The third season will be released on Netflix later this week.

So, what have you been watching recently? Mark and I just started season 1 of Breaking Bad this weekend. I have heard so many great things about the show, but I don't really see what the hype is about so far. We're only a couple of episodes in so hopefully it gets better.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ok, it's official. I need to start watching House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yes! I get excited just thinking about someone starting it. It's a good one.

      Delete
  2. My husband just finished watching House of Cards (or the series so far) and says it is excellent. I need to watch it before he tells me what happens.

    Nikki
    Bead It and Weep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering if Hell on Wheels is good! Mark and I have been watching Mad Men and Spartacus...somewhat polar opposites.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe