Let's Talk About Turtlenecks

Monday, February 09, 2015


Because that's what everyone wants to talk about on a Monday morning, right? Right. From my experience, I've found that most people either completely hate turtlenecks or kind of like them (no one really loves a turtleneck, trust me). Most of the people I know hate turtlenecks, so for most of my life I thought that I disliked them as well. And, if we're being honest, turtlenecks went through a very awkward stage a few years ago. Remember the turtleneck-under-a-sweater years? Yikes.

Lately, though, my feelings on turtlenecks have changed. Think about it. They're super warm sweaters with the equivalent of a built-in scarf. Win-win. And when you have a long giraffe neck like mine that tends to get terribly cold during the winter, it is indeed a win-win. 

P.S. Did you know that in Australia and New Zealand turtlenecks are called skivvys? How great is that?


Images one //two // three


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I don't mind turtlenecks if they are like the ones that are on that Sincerely Jules chick. But normally I don't really wear them, just scarves if I'm extra cold.

    When I was in high-school the IN look was super tight ribbed turtle-neck sweaters.Or at least it was my junior year. I haven't worn one of those since however. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally remember the skin-tight turtlenecks. These days, it seems like the chunkier the better. Maybe we're all just trying to drown our bad memories of turtlenecks :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of those I need them all right now shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you! Nothing says hibernation-mode like an oversized turtleneck to burrow down into.

      Delete
  3. The awkward turtleneck picture made me laugh out loud

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe