5 Favorite Newsletters

Wednesday, February 04, 2015


I am the queen of signing up for every newsletter under the sun and then sending them straight to the Trash folder when they flood my Inbox. Either I grow tired of them quickly or they really held no benefit for me in the first place and I simply signed up for them to receive a discount code. (Brutal honesty up in here.)

There are a few, though, that I faithfully read and would highly recommend.

theSkimm
This is normally one of the first things I read in the morning. Instead of reading a ton of news articles every day, theSkimm does the reading for you and then breaks it down into easy-to-read, well-written content. I have found myself laughing at more than a few of their emails. Their writers definitely have a great sense of humor. P.S. I recently came across this interview with the two founders of theSkimm, Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin. It's a great read as well if you're interested in the background of their company.

Lou & Grey
If you haven't heard of this clothing line yet, you need to check it out now. Their newsletter usually includes information on new arrivals and sales, plus great articles from their blog The Ampersand.

Enchanting Marketing
This email series is less of a newsletter and more of a quick-and-easy writing course. I had to include it in this list, though, because it contains some of the best copywriting tips I've ever read. There are 16 emails total with a new one arriving every day. Each one is short, sweet, to the point, and includes actionable tips that you can implement right away. I'm a big fan!

Of a Kind
This is the perfect newsletter to sign up for if you want to discover new designers and artists before anyone else does. Of a Kind supports up and coming artists, designers, musicians, chefs, and creatives by telling the stories behind their work. They also link to the products so you can buy directly from their site if you're so inclined.

Austin Kleon
This weekly newsletter is written by the New York Times best-selling author Austin Kleon. Each of his newsletters include links to 10 different articles, plus a new drawing or piece of writing that he's produced. If you're a big fan of weekly link posts like I am, you'll appreciate this newsletter. His links are always spot-on and never the same old thing you've been seeing everywhere else on the Internet.

What are some of your favorite newsletters to subscribe to?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love The Skimm! It's so perfect for busy people who still want to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe