Thoughts on January + weekend links

Friday, January 09, 2015


There's a quiet peacefulness to January. Have you noticed it? We've only just finished the first full week of the month, but already there's this definitive tug to settle in, cozy up, and relax. (Also known as hibernating.) Maybe it's because the full brunt of winter didn't hit until this week or maybe it's just our way of recovering from the excited blur of the holidays. Regardless, it's time to settle in for the long-haul of winter. (Just please don't be too long.) 

We'll be taking it easy this weekend in our freshly cleaned house and I'll be catching up on sweet lovely sleep. I say I'll because this husband of mine is somehow opposed to sleeping in. Something about too much to do and sleep is boring. Weird, I know. If you're hibernating like me this weekend, here are some links for you to look over:

A New Years resolution for every Myers-Briggs Personality Type.

50 people who are changing the South.

There's a college class to teach you how to take the perfect selfie. No joke.

8 podcasts you should listen to.

A helpful formula for writing thank you cards.

Can your name predict your career path?

Make your own Guess Who? game. I LOVED this game growing up.

7 things all introverts wish you knew

Loft is having an awesome sale this weekend. Go get you some.

How to blog when you hate to write. (Also helpful if you find yourself stuck in a writing rut like I've been lately.)

Some tips to help you enjoy winter.

A teenager's view on social media. I found this really interesting. It's funny how quickly things shift.

9 ways to clean your house with basically zero effort.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ooh thank you for the podcast link! I've been going through Serial withdrawals! I listen to TAL but didn't know they turned Dear Sugar into a podcast. So excited!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe