Taking Stock - January edition

Monday, January 19, 2015


Making: chili and soup all the time. Luckily, there's plenty of recipe variations available, because I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Drinking: caramel apple spices. This over-priced hot apple juice drink is my thing. Plus, I have a Starbucks gift card that's been burning a hole in my wallet ever since Christmas.

Reading: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb and re-reading this favorite for our book club discussion in February.

Looking: for the perfect buffalo plaid shirt (like this one) and a Mother-in-law's tongue plant.

Playing: Solitaire on my phone.

Wanting: to start a new crocheting project. My Pinterest board is brimming with ideas, but my wallet is feeling the expense of all that yarn.

Watching: Peaky Blinders and The Honorable Woman. Both great shows!

Obsessing: over over-sized sweaters, as proved by my closet Pinterest board.

Waiting: for things to slow down.

Listening: to Otis Redding and Sam Cooke.

Marveling: at my curling wand. I treated myself to one using my Bing Rewards and oh.my.word. This thing actually curls my stick-straight-refuses-to-hold-a-curl hair.

Needing: sleep. My upper eyelid has been twitching maniacally for the past two weeks and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this ever-present exhaustion I've been dealing with. Most days I just want to crawl into a warm cocoon and hibernate for the rest of January.

Following: this company on Instagram and this new-to-me blog.

Loving: my new glass terrarium (thank you, Christmas!)

Bookmarking: a list of marketing books to read. I've heard great reviews on Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins and Ogilvy on Advertising by David Oglivy. Any other recommendations?

Wearing: my new boots. It's amazing how versatile a good pair of black leather boots are.

Feeling: thankful for quick and easy dinners at home with Mark, slow weekend mornings, and sunshine.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. And what make and model of curling wand is it?! I have the same "problem" my hair doesn't hold a curl for anything.

    I haven't tried my hand at crochet yet, but I recently learned how to knit, and I quickly learned how ridiculous yarn prices are. (unless you want crappy yarn).

    Love Sam Cooke, chili, and black leather boots! I also love the photograph you have on top, I like how you have that burst of orange color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the Bed Head BH313 Orange Crush 1in wand. It works really well!

    I think I'm going to try my hand at knitting next. I read somewhere that knitting projects normally use less yarn than crocheting so that may help with the expense a little.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe