A cozy Christmas

Monday, January 05, 2015


It's crazy to me that Christmas was two weeks ago. Where did the time go? This year, Christmas and New Years seemed to morph together into one long weekend for me. The kind where you forget what day it is and spend lots of time eating, lounging, and not much else. It was blissful. As much as I love travelling, there's something nice about (excuse the cliche) being home for the holidays.

The day after Christmas I woke up with a stuffy head and sore throat. From then until New Year's, I went into hibernation mode with some heavy doses of antibiotics, hot tea, and Downton Abbey. I finally started feeling better on Tuesday, just in time to start the next round of celebrations. As much as it sucks being sick, there's something nice about being forced to slow down and take things easy. We're back to the grind this week, but as the temperature drops and winter looms ahead I'm hoping for a few more months of taking it slow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe