Taking Stock (December)

Tuesday, December 09, 2014


Making: multiple trips to the craft store to buy more yarn. I never thought I would be that person who shops at craft stores, but look at me now.

Drinking: water out of my CamelBak all day, every day.

Reading: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Looking: for ways to listen to audio books on my phone. What are the kids using these days? Kindle audio books?

Playing: the piano more. I think it has something to do with these dark, cold winter nights and lots of candles and string lights in the living room.

Wanting: this month to take its own sweet time. Someone said recently that December is the "Friday" of the year. I love that!

Watching: Justified. I've been binge-watching from Season 3.

Obsessing: over Serial. Still.

Waiting: for our Christmas cards to arrive in the mail! We used Minted this year and I'm so excited to see how they turned out.

Listening: to The Secret Sisters. Their music seems Christmas-y to me, even though it's not.

Marveling: that I haven't had a single cold this fall/winter. I hesitate to write it for fear of jinxing myself, but I really hope it keeps up.

Needing: more time in the evenings. Now that my extra hour of daylight has gone away, there never seems to be enough time after work to get things done.

Following: We Never Met on Instagram. Two photographers make up stories about people they never actually speak to. The photos are beautiful and their short stories are funny!

Loving: that feeling of anticipation before the holidays. Everyone seems happier. Have you noticed it?

Needing: to go to bed earlier.

Bookmarking: this recipe for bacon cornbread and this recipe for sangria.

Opening: Christmas packages and then re-wrapping them.

Wearing: fleece-lined tights from TJ Maxx.

 Feeling: excited, content, a little anxious, loved, and sleepy.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Serial foreverrrrr! And we used Minted this year too! Super anxious for them to get here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard there's going to be a second season! So excited about that!!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe