Over the Holiday

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

 
A post-turkey-couch-sitting selfie...

Thanksgiving was full of so many good things and, like most holidays, it went by way too fast. I flew to ATL the day before Thanksgiving, so of course the lines were crazy and all flights were delayed. I came prepared with plenty of snacks, podcasts, and magazines, though. I also packed a book since it has been ages since I've sat down with a good one. I had grand plans to finish this one over the holiday, but instead I picked up a crochet hook and some yard and became hopelessly addicted. It took me awhile to get the hang of it and I certainly pulled out my fair share of stitches during the long weekend, but now I'm on a roll. Crocheted scarves and blankets all around! I'm already on my second scarf. Now I just need to get some books on tape since I can't exactly read while crocheting.

Besides that, we spent time with family, ate way too much, and did a little Black Friday shopping. We were old fogies and waited until later in the day to go, since we weren't really looking for any particular deals. We were still able to mark a few Christmas presents off our list though. Holidays should come around more often, don't you think? I'm ready for the next one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe