Taking Stock (November)

Monday, November 03, 2014


Making: an effort to be completely ready for the day by the time I sit down for breakfast. Being dressed and put together for the first activity of the day has helped me feel more prepared and less hectic in the morning.

Cooking: recipes from Pinterest. I pinned a few non-Whole30 recipes last month and now I'm excited to try them out!

Reading: the Skimm every morning. I love it! Seriously, go sign yourself up.

Wanting: to paint my leftover Halloween pumpkins black.

Watching: Manhattan and Nashville.

Obsessing: over ankle boots. I've never owned a pair before this year, now I can't get enough.

Noticing: how much easier it is to whip up healthier meals now that we've had a month of practice with Whole30.

Listening: to the Shovels & Rope radio station on Spotify. All the harmonicas, banjos, and strumming guitars seem very appropriate for this time of year. I've had their song Pinned on a repeat loop lately.

Wishing: that fall would last a little longer. I'm not ready for winter yet. Who am I kidding? I'm never ready for cold weather.

Enjoying: a weekend in Georgia, celebrating our nephew's birthday, and catching up with family.

Loving: my Burt's Bee's tinted lip balm

Needing: to take our winter coats to the dry cleaners. Coat season is almost here whether I like it or not.

Wearing: sweaters (this was my answer last month and it probably will be until May next year!). I'm loving Gaps' slouchy sweaters this year and all things plum/burgundy.

Feeling: proud of ourselves for completing Whole30 last month! We broke all the rules once we finished and celebrated with doughnuts and a chocolate cake. Hey, you win some, you lose some.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I may steal this format for my next blog post :). I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember now where I first saw it, but it's fun!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe