Favorite Whole30 meals

Wednesday, November 12, 2014


Our Whole30 challenge is over, but  Mark and I have still been making some of the recipes we tried during October. I've rounded up a few of our favorites to share with you:

Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli. This was such a quick and easy dinner to throw together after work. Normally, I would buy frozen shrimp and then thaw it out before cooking, but it was also just as easy to swing by the grocery store and pick up a pound or two of fresh shrimp. Either way, it's delicious!

Melted almond butter. I have never been a big fan of almond butter, but decided to buy some when we started Whole30, thinking my feelings would change. I ate it, but really wasn't blown away by it until I learned this little trick. From then on out, I would heat up a small amount in the microwave and then drizzle it over bananas or dip pears and apples in it. Yum!

Cuban Picadillo. I loved this meal because it was so quick to make and Mark loved it because he grew up eating it! The recipe is written as a slow cooker recipe, but I modified it a little bit and just cooked everything on the stove top. Quick, easy, and delicious.

Skillet fried potatoes. These became a staple during our month of Whole30. At least twice a week, I would chop up a few potatoes and throw them in the skillet with lots of sea salt, rosemary, and cajun seasoning. We paired them as a side dish with Cuban Picadillo or any form of chicken.

Black Pepper Cajun Chicken. This is exactly what it sounds like. Chicken breasts covered in black pepper and Cajun seasoning. I would normally place 3-4 chicken breasts in the crock pot, shake seasoning over them, pour some chicken broth in, and let them cook for about 7-8 hours. I can't tell you how many times this little recipe came to the rescue on nights when I would realize there were no leftovers to take for lunch the next day. I would just dump it all in the crock pot before going to bed and lunch would be ready when I woke up the next morning. Voila!

Chicken Lime Fiesta Soup. This easy recipe wins all-time favorite during our month of Whole30. I would cook chicken in the slow cooker overnight (using the recipe above) and then mix all the ingredients together in a large pot the next day. Simmer for 15 mintues and you've got yourself some delicious soup! We topped ours with diced avocados and tomatoes, but if you're not on Whole30 you could also add some sour cream and Fritos!

Scrambled eggs with bacon & sausage.
No big mystery here. This was our go-to breakfast every day during October. The best piece of advice I can give regarding Whole30 breakfasts is to prep ahead. We would always fry our bacon and sausage as soon as we got home from the grocery store and then store it in the fridge for an easy grab every morning. I'd usually pair mine with some form of fruit, usually grapes or bananas.

Chicken Drumlettes with Sweet n' Savory Barbeque Sauce. This was probably the most complicated recipe I attempted while on Whole30 (and it's really not that complicated). We had my family over for dinner one night and I baked chicken drumsticks in the oven with a homemade, Whole30-compliant BBQ sauce. I was skeptical and even made a pot of picadillo in case they turned didn't turn out, but luckily, they did! The BBQ sauce had a strong tomato-y taste and we agreed afterwards that it would have been better with a spicy kick.

You can see more Whole30 recipes on my Pinterest board. We didn't get a chance to try all of them, but they certainly looked good. Also check out whole30recipes on Instagram - they were a lifesaver!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe