Surviving Whole30: What do you snack on?

Tuesday, October 21, 2014


Okay, guys, it's time to spill the beans. What do you snack on at work? I'm always looking for great ideas for quick, easy, no-mess snacks for that afternoon lull when there's still plenty of work to do, but your body is screaming for a nap. Having something close by to munch on is super helpful, but not always super healthy. I've learned to curb my tastes a little when it comes to work snacks. We can't all be that person who snacks on doughnuts and cheetos every afternoon. (Oh, but I can dream!)

A quick and easy solution that I have found is trail mix. Which is funny, because I used to be deathly against trail mix. "Squirrel food", I called it. Until I realized that it's a pretty handy thing to have around when you start nodding off at your desk in the afternoon. It's the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy!

Now that we're doing Whole30 this month, I've switched out the trail mix for plain almonds. Not as exciting, but they're still something to crunch on. Toss in some apple slices and we'll call it a pretty decent afternoon snack. Some other things I've fallen in love with lately are LÄRABARs. Have you heard of these little gems? They have no more than nine ingredients and each flavor is made from simple whole ingredients. Some of their flavors aren't Whole30 compliant, if you're concerned with that, but several of them are. Last, but not least, these roasted plantain chips are deee-licious! Plus, they have that added crunch that makes snacking so much more fun.

So, please, share. What's your semi-healthy, very tasty, power snack to eat at work? I'm listening.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe