Taking Stock (October)

Monday, October 06, 2014


Hello, October. I'm a little in shock that September is over already, but I say that every month. Time didn't use to move this fast, I'm sure of it. Regardless, it is now officially fall in these parts and I'm not completely hating it. We've been moving slower these past few weeks -- sitting longer at the dinner table, talking late into the evening -- and it has been super nice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooking: Whole30 meals! I have hopped on the bandwagon. Today is Day 4 and it's getting easier and harder at the same time, if that makes any sense. Easier because I'm figuring out what to cook and what to snack on, but harder because this fall weather has me craving apple doughnuts and chocolate chip cookies like nothing else! If you've done Whole30 before, please leave any tips, advice, and recipes in the comments. I would LOVE to hear! If you haven't heard of Whole30 yet, check out their website. I have a feeling there's a big blog post coming up about this soon.

Reading: I just picked up a HUGE stack of books at the library this week. Now I'm trying to figure out which one to start first. On my reading list: The Interestings, The Cuckoo's Calling, The Fever, and Shotgun Lovesongs.

Watching: I watched the premiere of How to Get Away With Murder and didn't hate it. I'm also happy that a lot of my old favorites have come back, like Scandal, Parenthood, and The Voice.

Listening: to records every night while we clean up dinner. It makes the whole dishwashing thing a lot more bearable.

Trying: to meal plan instead of winging it every day. It definitely makes it easier!

Wanting: to take a trip to the mountains.

Looking: forward to my boots arriving. I ordered a pair online and I can't wait to wear them.

Wishing: for an afternoon nap.

Enjoying: our new morning routine. Not gulping down a bowl of cereal every morning before running out the door has been the biggest adjustment since starting Whole30. I've started prepping breakfast the night before, so one of us can pop it in the microwave while the other finishes getting ready for the day. It has forced us to add a little extra time to our morning routine and it's been really nice!

Loving: snuggling under the covers at night.

Needing: to move my succulents inside. Their porch days are just about over.

Wearing: a sweater every day. My office hasn't turned the air conditioning off yet and I am in a constant state of shivering.

Noticing: the first tinges of orange and yellow on the trees.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe