Taking Stock (September)

Tuesday, September 02, 2014


Looking: forward to some trips we have coming up. We've been going so much lately that we've just left our suitcases in our bedroom instead of packing them away like we normally do.

Cooking: low-carb meals as much as I can. I'm going into this dieting thing grudgingly.

Reading: I still have Night Circus sitting on my bedside table, but just can't seem to find the time to pick it back up. Looks like August's read is going to become September's.

Watching: Manhattan, a show I randomly stumbled upon on Hulu, about the making of the atomic bomb in WWII. The history nerd in me is coming out!

Listening: to podcasts by Elise Joy on my evening walks and while I'm in the car. Some of her topics don't really apply to me, but they're still inspiring to listen to!

Trying: to make time each day to get outdoors and stretch my legs. Sitting on my bum all day is not very healthy.

Enjoying: the chill in the air in the early mornings and the sunshine that lasts all day.

Needing: to clean my closet out. I have clothes that I never wear anymore, but I don't want to get rid of because....what if I wear them again?! It's a never-ending cycle.

Wearing: sandals while I still can. I put on a pair of closed-toe flats yesterday and then promptly took them off again. I'll be wishing for flip-flop weather soon enough, so I might as well get my fill while I still can.

Wanting: a caramel apple spice (way better than the hyped PSL, if you ask me) but patiently waiting for the first chilly fall day so I can truly enjoy it!

Playing: lots of Shovels & Rope on my phone lately. I would love to make it to one of their concerts one day.

Wishing: it would stop pouring. As in "when it rains, it pours". It has been one thing after another with this house lately and Mark and I both are reaching our wit's end.

Liking: the clearance racks.

Loving: the hot, summer weather we're having this week. It never fails to amuse me that right around the time when all the fall talk begins and PSLs roll out, the weather takes a sudden turn and becomes hotter than its been all summer.

Noticing: how many bloggers are jumping on the capsule wardrobe wagon.

Knowing: that things work out as they're supposed to when we're patient and trusting. Rushing around and worrying doesn't solve problems.

Opening: the Pinterest app much more often lately. I go through phases where I never log into Pinterest and phases where I'm on there every single day. Lately, it's been the latter.

Feeling: astonished that it is already September. This has to have been one of the fastest years in history.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. CAPSULE! I'm planning on doing it too! I think it's a good challenge, especially in a world where we're so driven to have the newest and best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll blog about it! It's really interesting to me to see how people recycle different pieces to create as many outfits as possible. I'm always in need of ideas.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This blog (http://www.un-fancy.com/) talks a lot about it. Basically, it's minimizing your wardrobe down to just 30 pieces or so.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe