Goodbye, summer

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I always look forward to summer (it is the best season, in my little opinion), but I don't think I've looked forward to a summer as much as I looked forward to this one. If you lived in a portion of the United States that was held hostage by the mean old polar vortex this past winter, then you know what I mean. I think we all appreciated summer a little more this year. It was the first summer that I've spent working full-time, so I learned to soak up those extra hours of daylight in the evenings. It was also the first summer that we spent in this house. I was so excited to see the leaves pop out on the two huge trees in our front yard after looking at their naked branches all winter. I don't think you can really get to know a place until you've seen it in every season and after spending months cooped up in this house, I was excited to see the summer version of it. 

Pieces of summer are still hanging on around here. I heard some places have snow already [insert wide-eyed emojii here]! I'll just keep on appreciating these summer-like days while they last, thank you very much. Without further ado, here are some of the highlights from this season....
























Fell in love with Trouve Magazine
















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe