Over the Weekend / Home

Tuesday, July 22, 2014



There are so many different definitions of home. I used to refer to our little one bedroom apartment as "home" and now I call our little rental house "home". Technically, home is the place where you live. But that definition is sorely lacking, because the place where I grew up is the epitome of home, even though I don't live there anymore. It's funny how no matter how many little "homes" we create in our lifetime, there's always a place that will be home home. We spent a lot of time there this past weekend, eating outside and sitting around the table while the sky faded from light to dark and the bugs grew louder and louder. Moments like this when the mosquitoes are biting and the humidity is high and the veggies are delicious, that's what I'll hold on to and dream about during the long winter months. I'm loving you, July!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe