Our Fourth of July / Vacation Recap

Friday, July 11, 2014



How do I even begin to write about our vacation? There was the beach, lots of family, all the Cuban food I could eat, popsicles, sunshine, good reads, lots of naps and sleeping in, fireworks.... The list could go on and on, but I'll try to condense it down a little.

One of the best things about this vacation, for me, was the way the days seemed to run together and I lost all concept of weekday vs. weekend. I remember having that feeling all the time as a kid during the summer, but grownups don't get that luxury. Even in the summer, I'm very conscious of time and what day it is. It was so awesome to wake up in the mornings and have no idea what day it was and not even care.



One day it got very stormy out on the beach and the clouds were amazing! The rain lasted for about 5 minutes and then the sun came out again. That was all we saw of Hurricane Arthur, although I know some of our friends up the East Coast got it much worse than we did.
 


On the Fourth, we headed out to the beach in the early evening so we could watch the sun go down. We brought along our books and a bag of popcorn. It was much less crowded than I had expected and we had a great time just sitting. The next day we woke up early to start the trek back to Virginia. We made it back to Richmond just in time to see fireworks over the James River. They had been postponed because of the hurricane. Sunday involved a lot of vacation recovery (aka laying around the house and doing laundry). I'd do the whole trip again in a heartbeat. Vacations are the bomb dot com.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe