Hometown Hidden Gems: A Game at The Diamond

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


I was contacted a few weeks ago by RelayRides, a peer-to-peer rental car service, to write a post about some hidden gems in Richmond. Immediately, my mind started swirling with all the little hole-in-the-wall restaurants, secluded parks, favorite streets, historical sites -- Richmond has it all! There was so much that I wanted to share, but before I could get any of those posts written, I came across a truly hidden gem (to me, at least!). 

A Squirrel's game at The Diamond.

I've lived in Richmond for three years and only an hour away for the twenty years before that but I had never been to a game at The Diamond until this past week. After a long, tiring day at work, I was seriously considering bowing out and spending the evening lazing on my porch but since we had already made plans to go and I really had nothing better planned, I put on my big girl panties and went anyway. 

I'm not super into sports, but come to find out it's actually kind of fun to sit in the bleachers with a crowd of excited people and cheer for some guys as they hit balls around a field. 

Plus, there's chili cheese fries involved and a free fireworks show at the end! Who knew such a fun time was under my nose all these years and I never even knew it. We're planning to attend another game before summer is over.

RelayRides is a peer-to-peer sharing car rental service that connects people who need a car with vehicle owners whose cars would otherwise be sitting idle. This post is a part of their Hometown Hidden Gems series. No compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe