Hashtag Favorites / v. 1

Monday, July 14, 2014


In our digital world, the one thing I miss the most are photo albums. I love visiting someone's home and finding a photo album on their coffee table or bookshelf. But lately, I've seen less and less of that. I don't even have a photo albums lying around my own living room, other than our wedding album! It's sad, but in a way Instagram stands in for that.  Although it can never take the place of printed photos tucked inside an album, Instagram gives us a peek inside each other's lives. That peek might be styled and filtered, but it's a peek nonetheless.

I was a little late to the Instagram game, but now I am completely hooked. I deal with a plethora of social media platforms every day in my job, but Instagram is by far my favorite for both personal and business use. I'm even hosting a talk on Instagram at work later this month! I'm telling you, I'm obsessed.

Lately, I've been following a few hashtags on Instagram and loving what I see. Hashtags can be a bit like going down a rabbit hole. Clicking on one can lead to hours of photo-browsing. But it also leads to finding creative minded people, new shops and products, great writers, unique ideas, feelings of nostalgia, and lots of inspiration. I thought I would share some of the hashtag series that I've been loving lately. I'm always discovering new ones, so I decided to turn this into a series on the blog. If there's an awesome hashtag that you love to follow (or created yourself!), please feel free to share!


#theeverydayproject
The Everyday Project is a phone photography series founded by the lovely Mary Beth of Annapolis & Company. I love it because it promotes taking beautiful images with your iPhone. In Mary Beth's words, "My desire was for people (including myself) to use what they had, with where they were, to make beautiful images." I love that! No more excuses about not knowing how to use a fancy camera. Currently, Mary Beth is posting weekly prompts for the series that you can follow along with on her blog. The photo was posted by Hannah of Sundry Mumsy.


#floorcore
Floorcore is an Instagram phenomenon that I stumbled upon totally by accident. The concept is pretty simple and has been around since Instagram's early days: photos of your feet! What makes #floorcore so pretty to look at, though, are the beautiful tiles, antique rugs, and old hardwood that the feet are standing on. The photo above was one I snapped when we visited the Library of Congress earlier this summer. I dedicated a whole post to their gorgeous floors here.


#creativityfound
This hashtag was started by one of my favorite magazines,  Trouvé Trouvé literally means "found" in French. In the words of their editor, "We have learned that there are stories and beautiful pictures in everyone's life, they just need to be found -- and that is what  Trouvé is all about." The hashtag was created as a way to share everyday stories and inspiring photos. So simple, and yet the collection of photos under #creativityfound will blow your mind. It's just proof that there's so much beauty and creativity hidden in our everyday lives.

What are some of your favorite hashtags to follow on Instagram? 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ooh you should check out #ihavethisthingwithfloors! There's even a whole account that reposts the best of the best (@ihavethisthingwithfloors). SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I think I may have seen that hashtag before, but I'm definitely going to check their account out now!

      Delete
  2. Oooh man! Thank you for introducing me to #floorcore. I'm officially obsessed! Have you checked out #coffeenclothes? Fairly similar and so good!

    Xx,
    Lauren
    www.foxtailandmoss.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely check it out. And thanks for commenting, I loved reading your blog!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe