The best things about summer

Tuesday, June 10, 2014


It's no secret that summer is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it, but there are some things that are standing out above the rest this summer. 

+ The mornings when everything feels so fresh. The bugs and birds are all singing their hearts out and there's a hazy glow as the day starts heating up.

+ Opening the windows by my desk at work so I can feel a little of that summer heat (and quit shivering because of the AC).

+ Sitting on our porch after dark so we can watch the lightning storms.

+ Those first five minutes when you get into your car and it's so hot that you get chill bumps all over.

+ Ice cream cones. (This one's a given)

+ Checking the 5-day weather app on my phone and seeing those little 90's all lined up throughout the week. I wait all winter long for this.

+ The evening walks that Mark and I take as the sun is setting and the lightning bugs are coming out. The best conversations happen then.

+ Putting strawberries, lemons, limes and watermelons in your drinks. Maybe not all at the same time, but hey - why not?

+ Reading books outside.

P.S. I love the quote on this free desktop wallpaper by Holly Marie. I have it on my phone and love it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe