House Tour :: The Dining Room

Thursday, June 12, 2014


The dining room is one of the most sparsely furnished room in the house, but if I wait for it to be "finished" you would never see pictures of it! It's one of those decorating spots that I didn't get to right away and so now I'm kinda used to this this half-empty room. In a way, its minimalistic appearance is a good thing since it serves as a central walkway to most all the other rooms in the house. 


Most of the furniture in this room is a hodge-podge of hand-me-downs and DIYs. I've listed them out below:

Table / Mark made this from old barn wood that belonged to my Papa. We ordered the hairpin legs from here.

Chairs / These beauties belonged to some old family friends. My sister re-did the seat cushions and surprised us with them as a housewarming gift.

Rug / this Ikea one that everyone and their uncle seems to have

Metal chair / Hand-me-down from Mark's Pawpaw

Prints / A gift from my sister

Bowls / An assortment from Anthropologie, Target's Threshold collection and West Elm (sold out now) 

Lockers / These belonged to Mark's Pawpaw as well. We brought them back with us from Alabama when we visited over Christmas last year and gave them a fresh coat of paint. They're the best storage solution in the whole house!

Curtains / Another creation by my sister. (I told you I didn't get the crafty gene!) Fabric is from U-Fab.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. So many cute things! I love that rug... we don't have an Ikea in Oklahoma so we obviously don't see lots of their products in our friends and family's homes. Also love those cute sweetie pie and honey bun prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Our closest Ikea is about 2 hours away and I cry about that! Not having one in the state would certainly be better for my wallet.

      Delete
  2. love your table! i made my coffee table from the hairpin legs and i LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammy! I'm a huge fan of hairpin legs! Just checked out your blog and I love it!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe