Eastern Market, DC

Thursday, June 19, 2014


This past weekend, we hopped the metro for a DC day with some friends and ended up at Eastern Market. My favorite thing about DC is that no matter how many times we go, there's always something new to do, something I've never seen before. I had heard so many good things about Eastern Market, but had never been so I was especially happy to have a few hours to stroll around and check out the Flea Market across the street as well. Even if flea markets and farmer markets aren't your thing (what kind of person are you?!), the Capitol Hill neighborhood is worth your time. The streets are beautiful, especially this time of the year. And, best of all, it's near one of my favorite DC restaurants -- Good Stuff Eatery.


Both times I have been to this little eatery, the lines have been crazy. Don't let this discourage you -- it's worth the wait. Mark waited outside to snag a table, while the rest of us stood in line. Sadly, I still haven't tried one of their milkshakes, but the delicious mango mayo might have made up for it!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I see my bun in the top picture! I have to say, I'm quite excited to be in the background of one of your blog posts ;P We'll have to go back sometime! I will conclude with this statement: never before have I been proven so wrong as to whether or not I would like something called "mango mayo"...it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad you liked it! Next time we've got to try out that pizza.

      Delete
  2. Farmer's markets are most definitely one of the best things about summer! This one looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Even if I don't buy anything, I still love walking through them. Everything just breathes of summer!

      Delete
  3. My husband and I frequent D.C. a lot. It is one of my favourite cities! I completely agree with you - there is always something new to see and do. I'm adding Good Stuff Eatery to our list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you won't regret it! It's delicioso!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe