Our Wedding: Getting Ready

Monday, May 19, 2014


It's about time I put some wedding photos up on the blog and since our one-year anniversary is this weekend, what better time than the present to bombard you with photos and wedding reminiscing? Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start (ok, stopping now). Our wedding day began at my parents' house. Mark and I had already planned to take our portraits together before the ceremony. This way we could take photos at my parents' house, as well as the ceremony location and also save on time before the reception! 

Since we didn't have a bridal party, photos of this part of our day weren't as important to me but I'm so happy with the photos we did get. First, they showcase that awesome dress that a dear friend handmade for me. I tried on maybe 10 dresses or so during the planning process and all of them were gorgeous in their own way but because I am the WORST at making up my mind, I couldn't commit to one. When Evy volunteered a weekend to sketch the dress I had in my mind and make it for me, I jumped at the chance. The dress you wear on your wedding day is always special, but this one is even more so knowing that it's a total one-of-a-kind and made especially for me. 

Obviously, it took me a little while longer to get ready than the boys. They were sweet to hang around outside, waiting.
Stay tuned for our First Look tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful! Your dress was so elegant! Doesn't it seem a shame that we only get to wear them once? I think we should get to parade about in them on our anniversaries! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I tried it on the other day, just for the fun of it. Mark walked into the room and looked at me like I was crazy. :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe