Trying my hand at this exercise thing

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Last summer Mark and I made this big plan to start working out together. He pulled out his Insanity DVDs, we bought new tennis shoes and started going on evening walks. Two walks, to be exact. And then we quit. We got busy. It got hot. You get the picture.

But this summer, it's a different story. Maybe it has something to do with having the longest winter that I can remember in a long time. Now that it's over I want to spend every waking moment outside. I usually go for a walk as soon as I get home from work, which is perfect because after sitting in an office all day, stretching my legs and smelling grass & dirt is the best thing ever.

Walking, for me, has been a  little like riding a roller coaster. While I'm chugging uphill, I'm thinking "Never again. I cannot believe I am willingly doing this to myself. Never ever again." but by the time it's over, I'm raring to go again. And by "again", I mean in 24 hours because, let's face it, I'm ready to pass out when I get back home. I hope to eventually be able to run the whole way, but at this stage we're just taking baby steps over here. I'm just glad to actually be getting outside with a pair of tennis shoes on.

What do you do to stay motivated? Also do you have any exercising tips for a newbie? I'd appreciate them.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yay for exercising! I totally need to get back into it. I slowed down with pregnancy, stopped altogether with baby, and I've started up a few times but seem to talk myself out of it simply because I'm so tired! We love P90x and that's the only consistent workout plan I've ever followed, though I'm with you on wanting to go outside!! Maybe I'll learn to love running...

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe