Four months in

Monday, April 21, 2014


We're four months into the new year (can I still call it the new year?) and so far I'm pretty proud of how I'm doing with my two little resolutions. I've never been the resolution-making type, but this year I had two simple goals: use this blog to document our life more and read one book per month. Here's a look at how I've been doing.

Goal #1: I started a series dedicated to our weekend adventures in an effort to be better about documenting life as it happens. Sometimes I feel like this blog is only ever about the weekend, but I've decided that's not such a bad thing. My 9-5 life is not nearly as interesting to share here on this blog and it's those fun/lazy/adventurous/relaxed weekends that I want to remember most. You can read some of my Over the Weekend posts here.

Goal #2: I haven't been doing so great with this goal, but I'm still plugging away at it. Reading one book per month is not difficult, but it just requires making time which is always easier said than done. The best part of this goal is having an excuse to go to the library. When I was younger, we visited the library on a weekly - if not daily - basis. There's something great about searching through shelves of books for a story that will capture your attention and pull you in. Maybe it's pure nostalgia that makes me love the library now, but I've been enjoying picking up books every month to read. I usually get three or four books each visit. Out of that stack, there will be some that I'll start and then discard. I used to force myself to finish a book just for the sake of finishing it, but now I've decided that there are too many good stories out there to spend your time on one you don't like. I've managed to find some new gems and reacquaint myself with this old thing called "reading".  This month, I'm reading Nashville Chrome by Rick Bass. I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can squeeze in two for April since I missed March. You can read about February's book here and January's book here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe