Weekend links...kinda

Saturday, January 04, 2014

The new year seemed to come faster than usual this year. Or maybe we just crammed more things than usual into those last few weeks. Either way, we're having our New Year's dinner tonight. Technically, the year is still new, so it still counts. My goals for the weekend are to take it as easy as possible. First thing on the list is to sleep in! After an almost two-week vacation with no thought of an alarm clock, getting up in the mornings for work this week has not been fun. Second on the list is thrift store shopping. I'm searching for a bedside table and a chest of drawers. Hopefully, I'll get lucky! Whatever your plans for the weekend are, stay warm! It was a bitter 21* when I got up this morning. I know that's not too bad compared to the other states that are swallowed up by snow right now, but this girl can't take it. Thank goodness for a warm coat and sunshine! I didn't really have links to share with you this weekend so instead I'm sharing a few things I've read around blog-land recently. Enjoy!
Of resolutions and reflections: "January is a new start. It's beautiful and hopeful, and I love the freshness of it, that everything has been scrubbed clean. But the freshness will fade, and the life that takes its place won't be perfect. It will be ours, with mistakes made and lessons learned, and it will be better every day. We will be better every day, because a lot of what makes us better will be the dirt that takes the place of the clean."

Let your heart be light: "Happiness is a choice. It isn't a place or a set of conditions, it is a fight that you take on and then take on again, every single day. You can't let yourself forget to choose to be happy. I mean, I let myself forget all of the time, but that's not the point. The point is to remember and then get back into the battle the second you can."

Also, check out this magazine. I've been sneaking moments to read it on my lunch break and it's worth it!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I haven't heard of Trouvé--beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I can read the whole magazine on my phone...not the same thrill as holding a hard copy in your hands, but pretty darn close!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe