Weekend links 1.10.14

Friday, January 10, 2014

This is my motto for the weekend. (I can't remember where I heard it...maybe a John Lennon quote?) Anyway, I have a few plans and lists of things I want to get done, but if the weekend comes and goes and all that happened was a lot of hanging out with my husband, reading books and watching movies, I'll be just as happy. Because it's the weekend! And after the week it's been, I just want to give Saturday and Sunday a big old hug.

I'm gradually getting into the groove of things over here, but this week threw me for a loop. Developing a completely new schedule isn't easy! Particularly, getting out of bed before the sun comes up and coming home after it's set. One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to this weekend is just being in my house while the sun is up! Mark laughed when I said that, but it's true. I miss seeing my living room with the sun streaming through the windows. I'm also trying to figure out a better evening routine. It seems by the time I get home, cook dinner, eat, clean up, wash dishes, the whole evening is gone! It's time to pull the crockpot out and let it work its magic! If you have any tried and true recipes, please share! Now if only the crockpot knew how to wash dishes.....

I'm going to try to conquer the dining room this weekend. It's been sitting sad and bare since we moved in, but now that we've got our new table in there, it's time to give it a little loving. Since storage in the kitchen is minimal, I'm brainstorming ways to store our bowls, mugs and plates in the dining room. I'm thinking something like this and/or this.

Enjoy your weekend! It's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

You can't do a good job if your job is all you do.

8 reasons to hire a journalist as your next marketer (Mmm-hmm!)

- Wishlist: this weekender bagthese comfy pants

The greatest heist you've never heard of

- Apparently vinyl's making a comeback.

Kids who are totally winning at hide-and-seek

Shaking dogs.

- Just added this list of books to my ever-growing "To Read" list

- This made me laugh out loud

- I put together a small round-up of marketing articles worth reading on Addison Clark's blog this week. I post articles there on a weekly basis so if you're in the mood for some online marketing/social media reading, check it out!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Are you in marketing? Totally agreed on that second link--my team at work is like half journalism majors. That last link with the gender-reversed engagement pictures cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am a marketing manager at an online marketing agency. I love it! I started my journalism degree knowing I didn't want to be a reporter, but wanting to write and deal with social media. Along came marketing and the rest is history... :) I see you're a marketing manager too...that's awesome! Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe