2014 Reads Challenge

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I love reading books, but some time during year three or four of college, I forgot that. I completely stopped reading books, except for required class reading. I still kept lists of books I wanted to read. I would jot the titles down in my phone whenever I'd see an interesting title or book review, but that list kept growing and growing and no books were getting read. This past summer, while sitting on the beach on the Fourth of July, I picked up a book and started reading. This book. I remembered again how much I enjoyed flipping pages and reading words. And then school started. I tried to fit in some reading time at night before going to bed, but it just wasn't working and before I knew it December had arrived and I was still reading the same book! 

This year is going to be different, though. I'm determined to start reading more. I read this book over the holidays and as soon as I finished it, I was itching to pick up another one. So my goal for this year is to read just one book a month. That shouldn't be too hard, right? I stopped by our local library a few weeks ago and picked up three books that have been on my "To Read" list for awhile. I've already completed January's book and started on February's! Let's hope I can stay this ahead of the game going forward. I'm planning to do a book review on January's book, so stay tuned. 

What books are you reading or wanting to read? I know I'm not the only one who keeps lists of book titles in their phone. Share them with me!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Reading is the best. Perfect way to unwind, at least for me! I just downloaded Wild to my Kindle and I'm excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe