A year in review: 2013

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

2013 was filled with big moments. I think it may have been showing off a bit. "Watch how many big milestones I can fit into 12 months!" I got married, published, hired, promoted and graduated college in those 12 short months. After such a whirlwind of a year, 2014 looks a little measly in comparison but, honestly, I don't think you can compare because 2014 is going to be a totally different ball game. We're starting off the year in a new place with new routines, new schedules and lots of love. (Are you gagging yet?) 

Really, though, I have to pinch myself sometimes at the end of the day when I'm driving home from my job to my husband in our house. Say what?! When did I become a grown-up? Here's a short recap of 2013. We might as well let it flaunt itself a little more....
We took engagement photos in downtown Richmond.

WE GOT MARRIED. (These kinds of things deserve all capital letters.)
We honeymoon'd in New Yawk Citaay.
We went on summer adventures together. Just the two of us. Just because.
We drove all the way to Wyoming for my cousin's wedding. 
Mark made friends with a chicken and got his money's worth out of that gray checked shirt.
Two of our favorite people got married!
This cute little booger was born!
We spent Thanksgiving in Richmond with my family.
I threw my notebooks out the window and said GOODBYE VCU!
We drove to Atlanta and then Birmingham over Christmas to be with Mark's family.
Mile-high raisin pie, anyone?
We packed our belongings into Cheerio boxes and moved into our new old house.
We'll give credit where credit is due - you were pretty awesome, 2013!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks like an amazing year! Great photos, especially the wedding shot in front of the barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! It's one of my favorites from the whole day!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe