Some December writing + weekend links

Friday, December 06, 2013


This little blog of mine has been sadly neglected these past few weeks. The end of this semester hasn't been hard, just time-consuming. Combine that with traveling, holidays, and some big decision-making and blogging has been pushed to the back burner. I've also realized that using Twitter more has caused me to start wording things into 140 words, rather than actual blog posts. I want to get back into the swing of writing here though. The year is almost over and an era is coming to a close. There's a lot of new things coming in 2014 and they're all exciting, new things (which also means they're a little scary too) but I want to write about those things, because I know I'll enjoy looking back on them later.

December is shaping up to be a pretty great month. There's something about that span of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. One holiday is over and the other hasn't arrived yet. We all go back to our jobs or classes and it's business as usual, except it's not. There's this feeling of anticipation in the air, this looking forward. It makes the normal days at work seem more exciting than they actually are. It's the very beginning of winter when it's still fun to pull on boots and a scarf in the morning. Brown leaves are blowing around outside like it's still fall and the air is chilly, but there's still an underlying warmth to it. It's just the beginning and we're all looking forward. Happy December, y'all.


- I can think of at least three people who would want a giant inflatable T-Rex for Christmas. Sorry, it's a little out of my price range, guys.

- Wishlist: this Joanna August dressthis wall hanging, this sturdy leather tote

- The 24 Merry Days giveaway is seriously killing it. I never win these things, but I can't help but enter. I've discovered some really great vendors and blogs through this giveaway too!

- Yum. This sounds so good

Oh, Deer!

- In love with everything from this Etsy shop.

- Bleubird's A Maker Series is interesting.

19 signs you're doing better than you think. I needed to read this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe