My Fall Wishlist

Thursday, October 10, 2013

As the weather gets cooler, my list of fall-ish things to do keeps getting longer. What fun things do you do during the fall?

Make an apple pie. I can actually scratch this one off my list already, but I'm leaving it up here because I want to make another. It was starting to become a tradition for Mark & I to curl up at night with Hulu and a bowl of apple pie and ice cream. Probably not a very healthy tradition, but an oh-so-good one. 
Decorate mini-pumpkins with paint. Carving pumpkins is always fun, but they seem to wilt (wilt?) so quickly after that. I'd love to decorate a few of these little cuties and sit them around the apartment. They're even cute when they're not painted! So win-win.
Have friends over for a cozy, fall game night. I'd be okay if this mostly turned out to be a night of eating. There's too many delicious things that go along with fall (chili, cornbread, pumpkin pie, apple fritters) that I'd be okay if we never got to the games. Still, there's a big basket of board games sitting in our living room just waiting for some people to come play them with us!
Visit an apple orchard. I've heard some good things about Carter Mountain in Charlottesville, but I've also heard that it can be very crowded this time of year. Any other Virginia apple orchard suggestions? To be completely honest, I'm mostly wanting to do this to get me some apple cider doughnuts, but I'm cool with taking a ride in the mountains to do that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe