Changing It Up

Monday, October 14, 2013

I started writing a post this week about how burned out I was on everything. I didn't get a chance to finish it though and I'm glad I didn't. I realized that instead of feeling sorry for myself, I just needed to change things up. As obvious as that sounds, I needed reminded of that. Lesson learned: Don't write blog posts when you're feeling cranky. The first thing I started changing up was our living room. Decorating in that room had come to a halt. Most everything in the room still looked the same way it did when we moved in. I managed to mat & frame a few of our wedding photos, but since then they've been stacked on the piano bench waiting for someone to hang them on the walls. There were boxes of tools, tackle, airplane parts and a fishing boat motor laying in the living room as well. (The joys of living with a boy!) So last week I made a list of all the things I could do to change the living room up. There's not a lot we can do in that room since we are renting, so our choices are pretty limited. Still, I knew it needed something. And sometimes the smallest little thing can change the whole feel of a room. My list included:

Lamps
Indoor plants
Terracotta pots
Gallery wall
Stain coffee table
Add new legs to coffee table

Not a long list, but a start. I cleared off the wide windowsill in the living room, added some potted succulents, sat out some mini pumpkins, and moved the lamps around. Somehow all of our lamps ended up on one side of the room, leaving the opposite side sad and gloomy. We started our gallery wall over the sofa and I'm hoping to find a few more frames this week to add to it. There's still a lot to be done, but just moving around those few things made the room feel better.

There are a few other things I'm working on changing up this fall as well and work is one of them. I love my job, but I feel like I've lost my motivation there. There's nothing worse than watching the clock, waiting to go home, so I'm trying to think of some ways I can keep energized and motivated at the office. I read this article about how changing up your desk at work can help you be more productive and I've been checking out these pins for some ideas.

As far as school goes, I'm out of ideas of how to change things up there. Guess it must be time to graduate.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hehe good lesson... I've definitely done that a few times in my life. :) And what a good idea just to change things up! So much better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe