Life Lately

Friday, September 06, 2013

+ You may notice that the blog looks a little different than it did last week. I was really itching to change it up here. Initially I purchased a layout from here. If you're looking for cheap Blogger or Wordpress templates, Designer Blogs is a great place to start. They have a wide variety of designs to choose from and they're all very easy to install. After a week, though, I still wasn't loving the design I had purchased. So I did what Mark had been bugging me to do in the first place and made it myself. I started with a template from Pugly Pixel and then added my own touches. It's not perfect by any means and there are a few glitches still, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I should give credit where credit is due, though, and mention that my awesome husband sat up with me until midnight messing with code and using fancy Illustrator skills that I don't have.

+ I've been amazed lately how things just work themselves out when you let them. I try to remind myself of that often, but it still doesn't stop me from worrying and getting nervous over certain things. This week has really taught me to just quit worrying and let things happen the way they will. I've also learned that when I start feeling like I don't have time to do something, to just stop and do that thing anyway. I end up having more time than I think I did. Sorry if this all sounds a little vague, but I've been glad for these reminders this week.

+ Twice a week, I have an evening class. Lately, Mark has been driving with me to campus in the evening and we'll go work out at the gym once I get out of class. The first night I went, I was bored after 5 minutes. This week I'm going to take some music to listen to...maybe that will help. Mark claims I'm not doing it right since I wasn't terribly sore afterwards. I prefer to think of it as easing into exercising. You shouldn't just rush into these things, right! Anyway, it's fun going with Mark. I'm glad that after two years here, I'm finally getting some use out of this gym.

+ My Anthropologie catalog came in the mail this week! I haven't been getting their catalogs in the mail since moving to Richmond. It made me nostalgic for the days when the Anthropologie magazine used to come to my parents' house. My sisters and I had such a large stack of monthly catalogs that we used it as a table, with a lamp on top. No joke.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe