We go together like the moon and June.

Monday, August 05, 2013


When Mark and I were dating, Sunday afternoons were the worst. Living eight hours apart meant one of us was always leaving on a Sunday afternoon. If you're in a long-distance relationship now then you know the feeling I'm talking about. It's that sad feeling of no motivation you get late Sunday night when you realize the weekend is over. Multiplied by 10. Because if the weekend ending wasn't enough, you have to leave behind your person.  I sat here for a minute trying to think of better words to describe it and all I came up with are: it sucks. You know what I'm talking about.

I still get that feeling in a smaller dose now -- like when I'm driving to work on a Monday morning after we've spent the whole weekend doing things together. And even though it still sucks it kind of makes me nostalgic for those days when we were dating. The only difference now is that I get to come home to him at the end of the day. And that's pretty darn awesome.

The title of this post is from a George Jones song. Somehow, I had listened to it a million times without ever hearing that line before. It's a good one, no?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe