Our wedding: pink peonies

Wednesday, July 03, 2013


I never thought that I, of all people, would have pink peonies at my wedding. I have never been a huge fan of the color pink. I have nothing against the color. There’s just so many other pretty colors out there that pink falls farther down the scale of pretty colors for me. 

Our wedding florist lives on a farm where she grows her own flowers. I’ve grown up with her arrangements around our house, so I knew I'd be happy with anything she arranged for our wedding. Since the few flowers I had been considering were late blooming, I gave our florist full range in picking which flowers to use for the table arrangements. My only request was to have orange ranunculus and honeysuckle vines in my bridal bouquet. The morning of our wedding, as we were all rushing around the wedding site getting last minute things done and straightening what the wind had blown over, the flowers arrived. Rows of mason jars filled with delicate peonies in all shades of pink. A part of me is glad that our florist didn't ask me about using peonies, because I’m afraid I would have said no. Now, I have a new-found love for pink peonies. Not because they’re my favorite color, and not because they're my favorite flower, but because they remind me of  a windy day in May when I married this guy I love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe