Our wedding: desserts

Wednesday, July 03, 2013



For our wedding, we served the most delicious strawberry cake frosted with a buttercream icing. I showed the bakery (Tea Cup Bakery) a picture of what I had in mind and they matched it to a tee.  I knew from the start that I wanted a small wedding cake to serve with an assortment of other desserts. We tossed around a few ideas, but ultimately we settled on six golden brown cream cheese pound cakes. They were a labor of love by my mom, great-aunt, and my grandfather’s wife. I didn't get a chance to eat a slice of pound cake at the wedding, but just knowing that they were made by those three ladies made them extra special. We served fresh strawberries with the cakes for guests to top their slices with if they wished.
I love that more and more weddings are straying from the traditional wedding cake and serving desserts that are special to them instead. For us, cream cheese pound cakes were a familiar part of childhood, not to mention, a staple in the South. 

Did you stray from the traditional tiered wedding cake and serve other desserts at your wedding? I’d love to hear.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe