Charlottesville

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

 
 
The summer always flies by so fast. Summer weekends fly by even faster. This summer, though, Mark and I have been trying to make the most of summer weekends by taking day trips to different places and cities. It's a fun way to spend the weekend and it doesn't cost a lot of money. There are a lot of places around here that I've visited before, but it's always fun to visit a familiar place with someone who's never been there before. Kind of forces you to see things differently. I'm calling these trips our Summer Adventures. 

Last week, Mark and I took a trip to the beautiful city of Charlottesville with my parents. We visited with my grandparents and shared some of our wedding photos with them. Afterwards, we drove around the city as my dad pointed out the house he grew up in and the shop where my grandfather and great-grandfather ran a dry-cleaning business.

The city sits alongside the Blue Ridge mountains and is a great place to spend a lazy Sunday. We ducked into a few shops along the downtown mall before a huge storm chased us away, but we're already planning a trip back in the fall. We want to hike the Saunders-Monticello Trail  and explore the grounds of Monitcello.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe