Our wedding in Instagrams

Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Monday! I am so excited to finally share a glimpse of our wedding here! These photos were all taken by guests and posted on Instagram during and after our wedding. The week before our wedding my sister kept trying to convince me that we needed to have a wedding hashtag for our guests to use. I laughed at the idea. I had heard of wedding hashtags, but since I didn't Instagram at the moment I really wasn't that concerned about it. My sister and a few friends started throwing around hashtag ideas and came up with our unofficial hashtag. I keep calling it that but, honestly, I don't know what makes a hashtag official or not. We never did tell all of our guests, but somehow the word spread and we ended up with a beautiful collection of our wedding photos under the hashtag #cubanspicedwedding. The hashtag is a play on words with Mark's family's heritage and my maiden name. Even though I scoffed at the idea at first, I have to say, I'm so glad those silly girls came up with this hashtag. Mark and I spent our train ride to NYC browsing through Instagrams of our wedding. Weeks after the wedding, guests were still sharing awesome #cubanspicedwedding photos. 

^^My great-uncle married us. We had no luck in our search for a wedding officiant and ultimately decided to have someone who was very special to us do the deed. Legally speaking, we were already married since we had signed the marriage license before the actual wedding, but our ceremony on May 25th will the moment in my mind when Mark and I tied the knot. It was so special and heartfelt and even though I was freezing in the shade of those massive trees, it was absolutely perfect. ^^

^^ My brother and our little ring man had met before, but the wedding was really the first time these two stinkers had spent any time together and boy did they hit it off. Talk about double trouble.^^

^^Because of transporting issues, the cake didn't get decorated until right before the wedding when Mark & I were taking our pictures together, so I didn't get to see this beautiful creation until we arrived at our reception. It tasted just as delicious as it looks!^^

^^My sister snapped this photo of us with our adorable ring man just moments before we walked down the aisle. We, along with our families, were all hiding behind a huge boxwood hedge, waiting for our cue to walk down the aisle. Having moments like that made me so happy that we decided to see each other before the ceremony. We got to experience all the excitement of our wedding day together.^^

Our wedding day was one of the fastest days of my life, but I love all the little moments that stick out in my mind. There were so many special, hilarious, and unplanned moments that I love reliving through our photos. A lot of these aren't the best quality, but they hold amazing memories and that's what makes them special. 

By the way, since the wedding I have joined the Instagram club. You can follow me at @whit_torres.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe