Currently

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Loving: I have loved getting dressed in the mornings for work lately. Dressing during the summertime is so much better than trying to dress appropriately in the bleak winter months. Then, I want to stay warm and bundled up in my hoodies and sweats. Now, it feels good to throw on a pencil skirt, a tank top, and a pair of sandals and greet the day. Ready for work, but still comfortable for the rest of the day. I've been wearing more scarves this summer than I wore all winter, I think. Silky, cool scarves in the summer make me happy.

Reading: I picked up this book the other night and started reading. I found it in a stack of Mark's books and decided to give it a shot. Oddly enough, I've been pretty engrossed in it. I think it's much more interesting to me since we were just there and walked the length of that massive bridge. There's a lot of technical terminology about bridges which can get a little dull, but the story itself is interesting.

Watching: I watched this movie the other night. Since Mark's been out of town, I've been catching up on all the movies that I've wanted to see, but knew he wouldn't enjoy watching. This was such a chick-flick, random, feel-good movie. Has there ever been a Nicholas Spark's movie where the couple doesn't get caught in the pouring rain and, subsequently, fall in love?

Excited about: Mark coming home this weekend, celebrating the Fourth of July, planning a few summer day-trips.

Attempting: to be all crafty and domestic. Ha! The other night I tried my hand at a rice krispy cake. It tasted okay, but it looked nothing like that. It looked a little more like someone had accidentally sat on it. Next time, I'll make thicker layers of rice krispies and, hopefully, avoid that problem.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe