currently

Thursday, June 20, 2013

// the hydrangea bushes outside our kitchen window are blooming their hearts out. they look so sweet sitting in the window sills and on every flat surface around the house. //

Loving: New spaces and new routines. There's a new rhythm to life lately and it's a good one. There's so many little things that would seem mundane, but doing them together as a married couple makes them much more exciting than they really are. Grocery shopping, for example. We plan out what we'll eat during the week and then go buy the groceries together. How long into married life does grocery shopping together remain fun? We're finally getting the last of the boxes unpacked in our new space and it's fun to decide together where things should go and how to set up our house. We spent a good hour the other night discussing whether we wanted to use the hall closet for storage or for clothes. I guess it all boils down to "It's not what you do, but who you do it with." All this to say, life is good. :)
Reading: Bossypants by Tina Fey. I have had this book on my "To Read" list since last summer, but for some reason I never got around to buying it. I would pick it off the shelf and read a few pages when I was in Barnes & Noble, but then put it back. (Broke college student problems and all that.) I finally bought it a few weeks ago, and its been a very easy read. It's one of those books that makes you laugh without having to think too much. Mark read two chapters the other night and threw it back over to my side of the bed, so maybe not such a guy read...
Watching: I haven't been watching much TV lately, since we have no Internet at the moment. I will hurt the first person who spoils The Voice for me. This past week, though, Mark and I watched Argo. Thanks, Redbox! I never really knew that much about the Iranian hostage crisis, so it was interesting on that front, but I also liked that it wasn't slow. Sometimes history-based movies can drag on while not a lot happens. I liked that it was fast-paced and the story kept rolling. If you haven't already, watch this!
Listening to: NPR. Their stories have been keeping me company on my ride to work in the mornings. One of the things I dreaded most about moving out of the city was having to commute longer to work every morning. Call me a nerd, but listening to NPR during the trip makes it much more interesting. There have been quite a few times that I've pulled into the parking lot at work and sat in my car for five more minutes because I wanted to hear the end of a story they were reporting. The journalist student in me is always listening to the way reporters conduct interviews and listening for flub-ups. I can't help it. Four years of journalism and English classes has pounded it into me. Here are a few recent articles I've enjoyed on my rides to work: Libyan Radio Station Promotes Democracy, One Rap At A Time and Spy Reporter Works Her 'Sources' To Write A Thriller.
Thinking about: all the paperwork I have to fill out to change my last name. I have barely even started the process, because honestly it's really intimidating! It's the biggest thing on my to-do list this week, so keep your fingers crossed I get it all finished.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Getting your name changed is a big annoying process ! I recommend taking a book to the offices!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe