A new rhythm

Thursday, June 27, 2013


There's a new rhythm to life lately. It's been brought on by the longer, warmer days of summer, the new walls surrounding us, and the rings on our fingers -- or, more specifically, the meaning behind the rings on our fingers. There's a newness about the little things we do everyday. I wake up earlier now. Partly because it's becoming routine, since I have a longer drive to work in the mornings. But also because the mornings have been beautiful lately. I love stepping outside our door and feeling the sun hit my shoulders, hinting at the heat that's coming later in the day. The bugs are chirping their morning songs and, unbeknownst to me, a thought  sneaks into my mind and inaudibly, yet clearly, pronounces itself: "Today's gonna be a great day."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe