currently

Wednesday, May 01, 2013


Loving: the leaves! Every spring, I keep a close eye out for the leaves to come back and it makes my insides happy when they do. They've been back for a few weeks now, but it still makes me so happy to drive down Monument Ave and the see the green, leafy branches hanging low over the street.

Listening to: old Kris Kristofferson songs. It's funny how his songs all sound so familiar to me, even if I've never heard them before. They swallow me with a mix of nostalgia and contentment. Sometimes when the world's going crazy, it's nice to sit in my apartment and listen to Kris Kristofferson sing about beating the devil.

Watching: The Voice. The show is so good this season! The contestants all have such unique styles and are great at choosing songs. A lot of them have been singing old country songs, but putting their own spin on them and I love it! I'm excited to see what happens with Judith Hill and Grace Askew. I'm sad Midas Whale isn't on the show anymore, but I'll definitely be following their music from now on!
I've also been watching reruns of McLeod's Daughters. It's a drama series about two sisters who run a ranch in Australia. We used to watch the show when I lived at home, but I never knew there were five more seasons that I had never seen before. Watching it makes me feel like I'm fourteen again. And all those Australian accents aren't bad either. :)

Happy about: so many things! First off, May is here! We've been waiting and wishing and planning and waiting some more for May 2013 to arrive. It's hard to believe that when this busy, exciting month is over I will be a married woman. Eeek! The last few weeks have been tough. Mark and I have both been consumed with finals and, in Mark's case, finishing his thesis. We've barely had time to talk on the phone. I'm so happy that in a few weeks, this long-distance thing will be a thing of the past. It's been a good three years, but I don't think I will miss that eight hour drive.

Looking forward to: going to New York City with my husband. I'm excited about hanging out on the High Line, picnics in Central Park, exploring the West Village, and riding bikes on Governor's Islands. Any other recommendations of things to do or see?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe