we can't all be heroes

Thursday, February 07, 2013


I've been enjoying my bloglovin' feed a lot lately. It's overflowing with inspiration, crafty words, and beautiful images. The people behind these sites are creative individuals who share the things they love. It inspires me. It makes me come to my own little blog armed with ideas and inspiration.

It also makes me feel a little inadequate that I don't share content that's teeming with creativity and originality. The conclusion I've come to is in the words of the great Will Rogers: "We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."

Not all of us can be the creators, the crafters, the artists. Some of us have to be the admirers, the appreciators, the infatuated audience. We're there to balance out the other half. Without us, who would the other half be creating for?

I try to keep this little blog true to myself. I like the forum that it gives me to write. But perhaps my favorite part of blogging is the opportunity to share the things I appreciate or admire. I couldn't come close to creating some of the things I share here (whether they're wonderfully written articles, beautifully designed mood boards, or cute little handmade crafts), but I can "clap as they go by".

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe