every minute

Tuesday, February 12, 2013


When I'm in a moment, it's really hard to see that moment the way I'll probably view it five years from now. That's something I need to work on, but it's much easier said than done. Loving the little moments -- even when you feel like there's nothing to love about them. There's nothing wrong with looking forward. Looking forward is good. But sometimes I really need to take a moment and realize that this is my life right now. In a little while, it will change to something completely different, so loving every minute of while I have it is a good thing.

Recently, I was walking to my last class of the day and thinking how completely DONE I was with going to college. It's been fun and I don't regret it, but I'm so ready to have it behind me already. Then I started wondering if ten years from now I'll be walking through Target with a cranky toddler thinking back on the "good ole college days". You know it'll happen. 

The days and moments always seem so much longer when you're actually living them, though. So my goal is to recognize each moment for what it is and value it, even if its not very lovable. Because let's be honest, not every moment is lovable. Especially those moments when I've got a million things to study for, plus articles to send off to editors, plus a job to get to, plus wedding vendors to call. One day, though, not one of those to-do items will be on my list. You've probably heard the expression before, "Enjoy your worries. You may never have them again." Life changes so fast. One minute you're in high school, the next minute you're in a matchbox size apartment, eating cereal three times a day, and the next minute you're married. So for now I'm going to do my conscious best to love every minute. Maybe I'll even try to enjoy my worries too. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe