happy lists: 1

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm starting a new (hopefully weekly) feature of the little things that made me happy during the week. Even the worst days have happy moments and this feature is to remind me of that. Here's week one:

 - New daily planners. If you know me at all, you know that I have a deep abiding love for planners. Think about it... it's a notebook completely dedicated to lists and organizations. What's not to love? My planner from last year included half of 2013, so I decided not to buy a new one. That decision didn't last very long at all. Call me a nerd if you like, but jotting down lists and to-do's in my new planner make me happy.

- Working with Mark. As this break flies to an end, Mark and I have been working on a lot of last minute things that need to get done before school starts again. Since my parent's Internet is painfully slow, we've been making trips into town to a local cafe to take advantage of faster WiFi. These little trips make me happy. We usually have our noses in our respective laptops the majority of the time, but it's really nice to glance up and see his handsome face across the table.

- Sunshine. It has been pretty chilly lately, but there has been no shortage of sunshine the past few days and that makes me immensely happy. I can deal with winter better when it's bright outside, instead of gray and bare. It also makes walking outside a bit more bearable for a cold-blooded person like me.

- Listening to records while making dinner. Even the suckiest day gets better when there's good records playing. My favorite right now is an old piano version of Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.

- The Capitol. I'm always in awe every time I enter that building. It's pretty impressive, to say the least. I'll be doing a lot of work there this semester and hopefully I'll learn my way around soon. The place is massive! It is a beautiful place to be lost, though. As long as you don't inadvertently walk into a General Assembly session.

- Downton Abbey. I finally watched the newest episode. There's something about the theme music of that show that puts me in a good mood. It makes me feel nostalgic. Is that odd? Also, I find myself using a lot of British terms after watching an episode. That's always amusing.

- Being published. Some of you may know that I'm working with the Capital News Service this semester, covering the General Assembly. It is pretty intense work, but my very first article got published in two news outlets and seeing my name in the byline made it all worth it.

What made you happy this week?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe