a new year and a project

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

This year I want to do a 365 photo project. I'm sure you've heard of them before. The idea isn't new and the rules are simple: take a photo a day for 365 days. I've seen people do everything from self-potraits to photos of their feet (eck!). I've decided to loosely center my project around "home". The past few years have taught me how quickly the feeling of "home" can change. Home isn't always a particular place. As we make connections and grow, home takes on different forms. Home can be many places.

Currently, I'm spending my break from school in the little farmhouse that I grew up in. It has always been the one place that I've thought of as home. Unlike most people who move two or three times during their childhood, this old house has been home since the day they brought me here from the hospital. There's something nice about starting off the new year here. 

Once classes begin again, I'll be back in my tiny Richmond apartment -- my first home away from home. And four months from now, I'll be moving into a new home with my new husband. That will become home too. 

It is going to be a year so full of changes and I don't want to miss the little moments. I think documenting them in photos will be fun and it will be great to look back and remember my other "homes" as Mark and I create our own. I have this lingering feeling that I'll probably stop halfway through or, at the very least, skip a few days, but it will still be neat to look back on the pictures I do take when 2014 rolls around. 

Will you attempt a similar project this year? Let me know in the comments, so I can check yours out. And thanks to Elsie for the original inspiration.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe