Weekend links 1.11.13

Friday, January 11, 2013


It's Friday! That means I have survived my first full week back to the grindstone after a wonderful break. This week was full of new things: a new job, new classes, new schedule, new routine. There were a lot of firsts as well: first time riding the bus downtown, first time receiving an official press ID badge, first time attending a production meeting at work, first time being published. I think that's pretty impressive for just one week! Technically, classes haven't begun yet but the beginning of this week was an "orientation" for my capstone course, so it felt like classes were in session. I have to say, it's a little creepy being on campus before classes begin. I walked into the dining hall for lunch one day, only to find the place dark and deserted. On Monday classes will begin full throttle. With that in mind, I intend to enjoy my weekend to the fullest extent.
Here are some links for your weekend:

This pillow is awesome. It's officially on my want list.

- Olivia Rae James always takes the best photos. These are stunning!

- I loved this article: 10 Simple Things to Make You Happier at Home

- According to the New York Times, babies start picking up language while they're still in utero. Pretty fascinating.

- An awesome post on the give and take of blogging.

- Polaroid is making a comeback with their recently launched Fotobars.

- A pretty wallpaper to liven up your desktop.

- I love Whitney's chunky cowl scarf in these photos.

- A new blog that I'm reading.

- My first article for Capital News Service was published on Wednesday. It's just a short piece covering a press conference that was held the day before, but I was super excited to see my name in print. So if you're interested, here's the link.

- Have you heard of a pedometer bracelet? They seem pretty cool.

- I'm loving all the new 365 or 52 projects that are popping up everywhere. Here's a cute one.

- I just discovered Done Not Done via swissmiss. It's a list for all the things you want to do, not the things you need to do. Here's mine.

- Danielle has done it again. I love this girl's posts, because they so often embody the exact thoughts or feelings that I have. This post is about enjoying the journey and not always rushing ahead to the next thing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe