weekend recap

Tuesday, November 13, 2012



Photos from this past weekend taken from Mark's iPhone.

A few things that made me terribly happy this past weekend:
  • Starting the weekend off early. All the pieces fell into place for me to drive to Georgia Wednesday night. I still had a bag full of homework to get done on Thursday and Friday, but it still felt like the weekend.
  • Tacos! On Friday night, Mark and I tried out a new-to-us restaurant in Athens, Taqueria del Sol. It was delicious. I had been craving tacos for awhile and especially loved that the menu allowed you to pick and choose which kinds of tacos you wanted and (even better) how many you wanted. 
  • Athens. It's such a great town. We only spent a short amount of time downtown on this trip, but those record stores are calling my name.
  • Traipsing through the woods. Saturday, Mark and I took his little cousin on a walk in the woods to "look for deer". We didn't see any four-legged animals, but the leaves were super pretty and the weather was perfect for spending the day outdoors.
  • A field of watermelons. While we were traipsing through the woods we came across a field of rotting watermelons. It sounds a little disgusting, but you won't believe the amount of fun those crazy boys had hurling watermelons and watching them burst apart. I was the innocent spectator. :)
  • Seventy-degree fall days spent with some lovely people eating delicious food. 
  • Homemade cinnamon buns, hot out of the oven.
  • Bonfires. Mark built a fire in the backyard Friday night and we got to enjoy it all weekend. Sitting around a fire might be one of my favorite things about fall.
  • Wedding talk. Eight hours of it, to be exact. What else is there to do on road trips?
  • Georgia state route 316. Not much can be said about that road. It's long and boring. But because it can be such a boring drive, Mark and I are always coming up with crazy things to talk about to keep each other awake. Those forty-mile conversations are one of the little things in life that make me terribly happy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe